Some Important Lakes of Nepal and their features.
Rara Lake/Mahendra Daha
- Located at Mugu District of Nepal (altitude 2972 m from sea level)
- It is Nepal's Largest and Deepest Natural Lake
- 5.2 km length, 3.3 km width, up to 167 m depth and 10.8 sq. km area
- Second largest natural lake of Nepal
- located at Pokhara Kaski Nepal and also called Baraha Lake
- 4.8 km length 1.5 km breadth, 435 hectors area and up to 24 m depth
- The shadow of Mt. Machhapuchhre and Annapurna is seen in the lake.
- Located at Dolpa District (altitude 3900 m from sea level)
- Length 4.8 km, breadth 1.6 km, and depth up to 145 m
- It is the largest artificial lake of Nepal
- It was made by the Kulekhani reservoir based hydroelectricity project
- It is 8 km long and up to 97 m depth
Video: All lakes of Nepal and their located district