- It is the biggest river in Nepal.
- Koshi is one of the three first grade rivers in Nepal.
- Its electricity generating power is estimated to be 22,000 megawatts.
- 33,000 square kilometer is irrigated by this river.
- It is called as "Damodar River" in India.
- It is also called sorrow of Bihar because it destroys a huge amount during the rainy season.
- It has seven sub rivers which are Tamor, Arun, Dudh Koshi, Likhu, Tama Koshi, Suna Koshi, Indrawati. So it is also called as Saptakoshi, whose meaning is Seven Koshi.
- The biggest sub river is Arun and smallest sub river is Likhu.
- Its name is also popular as it has the second biggest record after Hwang-ho river of China in sand supply.